We know that the renewable energy industry will not reach its full potential unless installers have the tools and technology to make the process as easy as possible. Helping you realize that potential is ModSolar’s mission, and the ModSolar Platform makes it possible.
Here’s what the ModSolar Platform can do for your business
- Generate commercial, residential and municipal proposals in under 5 minutes
- Calculate system size, return on investment, environmental benefit
- Using our patent-pending Panel Layout Technology, you can see exactly how many panels will fit on your prospect’s roof
- System design enhancements specifically for flat roofs – easily remove panels covering obstructions, use “Square-Up” to make perfect rectangles and fill them with panels, and use “Snap Azimuth” for truly perpendicular azimuths
- No longer do 3 designs to figure out which panel makes the most sense for a system – the ModSolar Platform is the ONLY tool that lets you pick the optimal panel layout for each system
- Lay out panels with one click – why spend time in your CAD software or in SketchUp when with one click you can lay out panels?
- Generate proposals for multiple states – includes state and federal incentives
- Email proposals from inside the platform immediately after they are generated
- Manage proposals generated; edit proposals generated in the field or in the office and re-distribute; Store multiple proposals for each lead
- Size a roof graphically using satellite imagery
- Give prospects an interest-level rating
- Create a spec proposal that isn’t required to be saved
- Synchronized leads and proposals no matter where you log on
- Create additional users as needed
Customization options built-in
- Customize proposal colors
- Customize panel size, manufacturer, and show a PDF of panel specifications
- Choose from multiple panels when creating a quote
- Customize financial parameters used in ROI calculation, energy inflation, cost of electricity, etc.
- Maintain SREC or FIT prices for the states in which you do business
- Change price depending on roof- or ground-mounted system
- Set a de-rate factor
- Embed your own sales materials – your “flip book”
- Upload your logo
- Upload images and access your own image library
- Bulk upload leads
- Automatically insert data values
- Create customized pages using the Rich Text Editor (drag-and-drop formatting)
- Multiple finance comparison
ModSolar’s patent-pending Panel Layout Technology is truly a different way to look at how a quote for a solar system and system design is traditionally done in the Solar Industry. By automating as much of the quoting and estimating process as possible, you will discover the many ways to positively change your business that weren’t previously there. This page gives you a few suggested uses for this revolutionary technology:
First Quote, Then Sell
Many of you have already modified your sales process such that you won’t go to a prospect’s home or business without first producing a proposal and sending it along. This is a good first step and should always be done to save you time. With Panel Layout Technology, you can take this one step further by getting an approximately 95% accurate quote in front of a prospect without leaving the office. This ensures that if you still want to visit the prospect to close the sale, you’ll maximize the time and resources needed to do so.
Eliminate the Tire-Kickers Early
Now that Panel Layout Technology can give you a 95% accurate quote, you may consider trying to eliminate tire-kickers on their first phone call. By having a conversation and mapping their house while you’re on the phone, and then laying out panels, you can get a quote in front of them that really shows what they can expect their layout and return on their investment to be. That, coupled with a picture of their house and panels laid on top of their roof, is a very powerful experience that will help you determine how serious they really are.
Work a Neighborhood with Canvassing
Since it’s possible to generate accurate quotes easily, you can now generate quotes for houses when you don’t know the electricity usage. Consider a neighborhood in which you’ve previously installed a system: run a proposal for all homes in that neighborhood, and then send out a canvass team or try cold-calling to send those neighbors a proposal with their houses and panels on their roofs. That’s a very powerful sales experience that wasn’t previously possible. Couple that with the ability to refer the prospect to your existing homeowner customer, and you’ve got a much better opportunity for landing that sale!
Breathe New Life into Old Leads
Prior to signing up for the ModSolar Platform, you may have old proposals lying around that didn’t go anywhere. With the drop in material prices and your ability to generate a well designed and polished proposal using the ModSolar Platform, how about giving it another try? With the decreased cost and better presentation, and the ability to show panels right on their roof, you never know how the difference in factors might make that old lead change their mind!
Enhancements for Flat Roofs
If you’re primarily a commercial installer, then the majority of what you do are quotes for flat roof installations on commercial buildings. How many times have you had a prospect on the other end of the phone who “just wants to know how big of a system they could fit”? Now, instead of traveling to the location to do a system design and/or pay for a CAD drawing, you can produce an image showing panels laid out right on that roof in under 5 minutes! In addition, with our enhancements for flat roofs, you can get perfect rectangles on roof areas, remove panels that are covering obstructions, and perfectly snap your azimuth to perpendicular!
See the Platform in Action!
Contact us to find out more – 610 572 2555 ext. 1