As a homeowner, consideration of solar is heavily dependent upon future savings. Telling someone that they could potentially save a certain amount based on predictions and future events is good, but we can do better than that.
We are using Genability’s extensive database and understanding of utility rates to offer a more accurate model which takes an estimate of TTM (Trailing Twelve Months) of electric bills into account.
Combining this more accurate method of using the past twelve months with the inclusion of new comprehensive variables has led to the following improvements:
- The new calculations use utility rates and usage estimates from the previous year provided by Genability, which creates increased accuracy.
- Energy overproduction savings estimates are even more accurate than ever before. Now, these rates are reflected in a better light through the enhanced inclusion of monthly rollovers and the reset (“truing up”) of these rollovers after one year.
- If the utility rate includes a minimum monthly bill, the rate is even more precise, which further improves accuracy.
This change shows up in the way the pre-solar bars in the chart of pre-solar and post-solar costs are calculated, as well as in the yearly and lifetime savings.
- The old version always displays the chart from January through December.
- In the new version, the year range is a rolling 12 month period. The new chart will start in the present month, rather than always in January.
- Because the savings are computed differently, users may see a slight difference in savings. The reason is that the savings are calculated with higher accuracy now.
We have started including this advanced calculation in our solution, and it will begin to benefit you and your customers immediately.
If you have any questions about the new calculation, please contact Rosi at 610-572-2555 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.