Give your proposals more detail by adding a cover page. You can display anything like your company logo, images about solar installation or your sales representative’s information. To create a cover page, you need first to know how to personalize a proposal template. Here are the steps on how to create a cover page:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to Proposal Templates.
3. Edit the template where you would you like to add a cover page.
4. On page 1, click the Rich Text Paragraph component from the Component Library to add it. The Rich Text Paragraph component allows you to insert texts, images, tables and data tags. We will use this to create a cover page.
5. Once added, edit the component by clicking the pencil icon.
Inserting and Editing Images
1. To insert an image, click the Insert image icon.
2. Select the image file from your computer to upload. Click the Use button to insert the image to the Rich Text Paragraph.
3. Once an image is inserted, you can right click on it and select Image Properties. This allows you to define the length, width (in percentage or pixels) and the alignment of the image.
Inserting Data Tags
Data tags are codes which pull information from the proposal (ex. customer’s name, system size, inverter manufacturer and model). These are used so instead of displaying a static text in your proposal, it instead changes depending on the data in your proposal. For the full list of data tags, you can click here.
1. Expand the drop-down list as shown in the image below.
2. Select the data you want to insert (ex. customer’s first name) then click on the Insert Data tag icon located at the right of the drop-down list.
If you add more data tags and texts, this is an example of how it would look like in the component:
With the image, text and data tags combined, this is how your cover page would look like in the proposal:
Here are few other cover page ideas that you can make in the platform: